Sunday 30 May 2010

Trapeze Act

 

Simplicity 7335 is a pattern that I've been searching for on eBay for a while and finally managed to get a copy in the right size.  As you can see it looks gorgeous on the model-sized model in the illustration, so is sure to look great on me - right?

DSCF3845.JPG

 

The problem with trapeze dresses is that they have the teeniest tendency to look like maternity dresses on anyone with boobs - sad but true.  So while I'm quite pleased with how it turned out I think I may have to save it for actual pregnancy.

 

DSCF3853.JPG

 

It's not an easy pattern, I was a little baffled by the inset pleat at the front, which is sewn in behind the front of the dress, which is then ripped open!  I'm always happy with a bow though.

DSCF3850.JPG

DSCF3851.JPG

No comments: