Saturday 30 January 2010

The Lost Pattern

I've been searching in vain for The Great Lost Pattern - a pattern that I have obviously thought about making SO many times that I have managed to convince myself that I owned it, when in fact, I don't.

The pattern in question is a Vogue pattern from the late '60s - possibly Vogue Paris, possibly Vogue Couturier - the designer might be Pucci, then again it might not. It's a sleeveless shift dress with a starburst pattern radiating out from the centre - I can picture it so clearly - the photograph of the dress on the front is rendered in two shades of brown.

Not only can I not find the pattern that I imagined that I owned, but now I can't even find a picture of said pattern on t'interweb - even after trawling through Vintage Pattern Wiki! So perhaps I imagined not only my ownership of this pattern, but also it's very existence.

A most depressing state of affairs.

Oh well - in my travels I came across several other Vogue patterns that I am now desperate to own. Some of those are Pucci too!

pucci.jpg

pucci2.jpg

cardin.jpg

None of them bear the slightest resemblance to the missing pattern though. The search continues...

1 comment:

JulesLt said...

Wahey - fashionably late to the blogging party! Let the best part of it begin.